Clarksville Montgomery County Beekeeping Association - Monthly Meeting Minutes
Date: 1 May 2021
Meeting called to order by the presiding officer, President Roger Stewart at 10:08am
Members/Guest present: 19 people present, plus 5 guests see attached roster for specifics
Approval of Minutes: Minutes were read aloud and approved by majority.
Approval of Treasurer Report: Treasurer Report was read aloud and approved by majority.
- 20 copies of ‘A Field Guide to Honey Bees and Their Maladies’ are available for purchase from the club for $13. It is a book small enough to fit in a pocket and be carried into the bee yard with detailed pictures for diagnosing common hive diseases.
- 5 June 2021 is Fun Day. In leu of the normal monthly meeting, we will focus on having fun, learning and socializing with each other. Bring a pot luck dis to share and your family members.
- Guest Speaker, Katie Killebrew, City Forrester spoke to the club about which trees benefit the Honey Bees. She made the following recommendations: (1) The book, Plants Honey Bees Use in the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys by Shannon Trimboli. The book lays out which plants and trees provide resources for bee during which months of the year. The book can be purchased through the author’s website at https://shannontrimboli.com/ or other retailers for about $30-40. (2) Checking out the City of Clarksville – Tree Board facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/clarksvilletreeboard.
- National Pollinator Week is June 22-27. CMCBA will be manning a pollinator booth on June 26 for the purpose of educating the community. Volunteers will be needed. More details to come.
Upcoming meetings and events:
- 15 May 2021 – Youth hive inspection, located on Roger’s Farm 11:00am
- 5 June 2021 – Fun Day at the Dotsonville Community Center 10:00am
- 19 June 2021 – Youth hive inspection, located on Roger’s Farm 11:00am
- 21-27 June – National Pollinator Week
- 26 June – CMCBA will be manning a booth for honey bee education
- 8-9 Oct 2021 – Fall Conference in Murfreesboro, TN.
Meeting adjourned by the President
Respectfully submitted by Mike Sutton, CMCBA Secretary
Approval: ____________________________________ Signed by President or Presiding Officer