PENDING APPROVAL …
Clarksville Montgomery County Beekeepers Association
Date: 6 October 2018, Monthly Meeting Minutes / Meeting called to order at 10:00
Location: Clarksville Montgomery County Public Library
Members present: See sign in Roster
Approval of minutes: Minutes for the month of September accepted as posted on the website.
Treasurer Report: Finance Report for the month of September accepted as posted on the website.
Introductions: New-Bee’s Greg & Dessirea – keeping bees since 2013 (11 hives) interested in networking, and Andrew, new to Clarksville took an APSU on beekeeping and wants to start his own hive.
- CMCBA Honey extractor status – pending response from state to determine fine outcome of extractor. Local beekeeper has offered to purchase it if authorized. Response from TBA has not been clear. Secretary will ask for previous minutes of TBA to be reviewed.
- Pollinator art contest sponsorship for the community. Additional information requested prior to approval. POC Pam Boyd – discussed that it would be a judged contest – no update
- Representatives attending TBA’s fall conference 11-13 Oct 18 Darlene Adams & Shelley & Roy
- Fall New Beekeeper class will be held on 3 November starting immediately after the monthly meeting at 0900 at the public library.
- Becky Harris and Maggie Pontsler proposed a option for lifetime membership starting 1 January 2019. The proposal was for a lifetime membership for 1-4 household members $175. This recommendation based on the current TBA lifetime membership which is $175 per individual. Values was based on CMCBA membership stats vs TBA membership stats. Several members proposed other options to include individual, household of 4 + additional. Lifetime membership would be limited to household as is pertains to living status. As a recommendation open to the floor, it was asked that members bring ideas to the table next month. An open forum will be on Facebook. – Membership voted NOT to change membership dues or add membership variations at this time. Propoed that a study of the effects of spike in financial gain initial which would over 10 years possibly be a fast decline. After a study is done, new proposal should be made.
1.Motion to change CMCBA By-Laws, Article III Section 2. (A) $20 a year per a family change to $20 year for a household.
2.Association promotion of websites to sell and purchase local honey.
Primary - Honey.com (National
Secondary - agriculture.tn.gov (Pick Tennessee)
1.12&13 October TBA Fall Conference @ Hyde-Burkes Agricultural Pavilion, Cookville, TN
2.Roger Stewart will be giving a class at the UT Extension on Beekeeping in The Tennessee Beginning Farmers Development Program Slow Before You Roll Workshop Series.
Slow before you roll session 10/16 @ 6PM it is open for attendance and free. Call extension office for reservation 931 278-5725
Open Floor Discussion:
Door Prizes drawn, Meeting adjourned by the President @ 1059
Youth Group training began at 1110
Respectfully submitted, Billie Zeveney
Approval: _____________________________Signed by President or Presiding Officer