CMCBA By Laws
Clarksville Montgomery County Beekeepers’ Association By-laws
ARTICLE I: Name
The name of this organization shall be the CLARKSVILLE MONTGOMERY COUNTY BEEKEEPERS’ ASSOCIATION. The organization may also be referred to as CMCBA.
ARTICLE II: Purpose
To provide educational based support for new and experienced beekeepers, with a purpose for the continuation of beekeeping as a community-based agricultural effort.
ARTICLE III: Membership
Section 1: Anyone interested in beekeeping is eligible to become a member of this organization by paying dues.
Section 2: Dues
- The dues of this organization shall be $10 per year for individual and $20 per year for a family.
- Dues when paid are for a calendar year running January thru December
- CMCBA will also encourage Tennessee Beekeepers Association membership.
ARTICLE IV: Officers
Section 1: The Officers of this organization shall consist of a president, a vice-president, a secretary, and a treasurer elected by the members for a term of two years.
Section 2: Elections: The president shall appoint a committee of three members. The committee shall nominate a slate of officers and present the slate to the membership in the month of November of the odd year of the president’s term. The slate of officers will then be voted on in an election. The new officers will take office in January of the following year.
Section 3: The President shall
- Preside at all meetings of the membership and the Executive Board.
- Appoint the chairpersons of the standing and special committees.
- Be an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee.
- Prepare an agenda for each meeting and share it with the CMCBA members.
- Provides the meeting agenda to the Secretary NLT 48 hours prior to meeting.
Section 4: The Vice-President shall
- Preside over meetings in the absence of the president.
- Serve as chairperson of the program committee.
- Schedule programs for the meetings.
- Ensures that the Secretary receives meeting program plans for dissemination to members in the monthly meeting reminder.
Section 5: The Secretary shall
- Be responsible for compiling minutes for the monthly meetings and special meetings.
- Keep a file of the minutes and other relevant materials for the future.
- Maintains an updated roster of all members and provides this to the President and Treasurer when any changes are affected.
- Record attendance at meetings.
- Responsible for dissemination of information to the membership via e-mail or web. This includes a monthly reminder of the upcoming meeting, with any changes or exceptions. All contributions to the reminder are due to the Secretary not later than 5 days prior to publishing.
Section 6: The Treasurer shall
- Keep accurate records of all monies received and disbursed on behalf of the organization.
- Keep an accurate record of membership dues.
- Prepare and present a report of current finances at each meeting.
Section 7: The Web Master shall
- Webmaster or assistant – post information on club website provided by the club officers, including minutes, news, etc.
- Recommend web site changes to the President and/or the membership as needed.
ARTICLE V: Meetings
Section 1: This organization shall meet monthly.
Section 2: The CMCBA year shall be from January through December.
Section 3: The executive committee shall meet in January to plan the calendar of meetings for the year.
Section 4: Special meetings may be called by the president.
Section 5: A majority of the members shall constitute a quorum.
Section 6: A vote may be taken by email or by telephone if a quorum is not present for a vote.
ARTICLE VI: Executive Board
The Executive Board shall be composed of the elected officers and the immediate past-president. In an emergency, 100% of the Executive Committee can conduct business for the CMCBA. Committee members may serve on the Executive Committee as non-voting members.
ARTICLE VII: Committees
Committees may be appointed as needed by the president.
ARTICLE VIII: Dissolution
Should the CMCBA dissolve or cease to exist for any reason, the Executive Board shall decide on the disbursement of the assets belonging to the organization. No officers, member, or group of members shall benefit from the disbursement of any assets.
ARTICLE IX: Parliamentary authority
Current Robert’s Rules of Order Revised shall govern this organization in all cases to which they are applicable.
ARTICLE X: Amendments
These by-laws may be amended (in person, electronically, and/or telephonically) by 2/3 vote of the membership provided prior notice has been given at least one week prior to the vote.
ARTICLE I: Meetings
Section 1: The CMCBA will meet in the Clarksville/Montgomery County Public Library at 10:00 AM on the first Saturday of each month unless otherwise directed by the president.
ARTICLE II: Mentoring Program
Section 1: A mentoring program will be established by the CMCBA will match mentors with potential beekeepers.
Section 2: New beekeepers shall be provided information and catalogs so that they can familiarize themselves with what is available.
Section 3: Any member can request a mentor.
Section 2: Mentors will be assigned to all hive grant recipients in accordance with grant requirements.
ARTICLE III: Amendments
Standing rules may be amended by a majority vote of a quorum.