Clarksville, TN

Montgomery County Beekeeper's Association

Subtitle

Bee Informed

Forum Home > General Discussion > Natural Beekeeping

David Smith

I, like a good many of you, seek to tend my bee colonies as chemical free as possible.  Yes, I hesitate using the word "organic" simply because it's well nigh impossible to do in the chemical laden environment we inhabit, and the term has been co-opted by entities most of us would just rather not be associated with.  However, a conversation Mr. James Watkins and I had after the meeting last Saturday has got me to thinking a good presentation (or series of presentations) summing up natural and chemical free practices and how-to's might be good for future meetings.  I'm still fairly new at this game, and would really appreciate hearing from some of you seasoned and practiced hands!

Anyway, just a thought!

--

Grace and blessings,

Dave

February 3, 2014 at 9:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

David Smith

I'd heard Mr. Seaborn back in January '13 at the NABA meeting; great presentation both times!  Thanks for scheduling him!

--

Grace and blessings,

Dave

March 3, 2014 at 9:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hunter Bees

That sounds like a very good idea David.  Like you, I'd like to keep my bees as chem free as possible.  I'm very interested in management practices which will help us prevent pests as well as methods or treatments that are both bee friendly and effective to deal with pests once we get them.

March 4, 2014 at 8:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.